Welcome to Five Things Friday! This won’t be an every week post but maybe once a month where I will share five random things…on Friday! If you have a blog and want to play along, please link back to this post and leave me a message so I can visit! Enjoy!
- I am sooo tired of the snow! I do not live in Wisconsin or Michigan or Montana; I live in Oregon! This is the first year in 30 years at least that we have had 2+ feet of snow on the ground for the entire month of February…FEBRUARY, REALLY?!!! Most of our snow comes in December and January. I don’t even remember when we have had snow in the month of March! Now that I have ranted, I will say that today the sky is blue, the sun is shining and the snow is beginning to melt!
- In September we welcomed a Flandoodle (Bouvier des Flandres and Standard Poodle) to our family who is now 9 months old. He is very big and very black and such a love bug! HE LOVES THE SNOW! He runs and plays and doesn’t seem to get cold (all those furry curls)! He will really miss the snow! The picture above was taken through our living room window with Teddy perched on a 4 1/2 foot snow drift! That’s how he tells us he’s ready to come in. It’s time for a haircut but we’re trying to wait till it warms up a bit; we can’t even see his eyes!
- I belong to a book club and our current read is The Alice Network by Kate Quinn. We have also recently read Educated by Tara Westover; The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Anne Shaffer and Annie Barrows. Do you belong to a book club? Do you have any suggestions for our book club reads?
- One of my favorite treats (in moderation, mind you) is Trader Joe’s vegan marshmallows! They are the best marshmallows ever!!! They have the large ones in the summer for roasting and the minis in the winter for hot chocolate!
- I drink two cups of EcoTeas Yerba Mate` brewed in a French Press every morning! I add a teaspoon of honey and a shake of cayenne pepper and one ice cube to make it just perfect! Have you read the health benefits of Yerba Mate`? It is AMAZING!!!
Well, that’s FIVE so better go for today! Thank you for stopping by and have a great weekend!