Hello and welcome to my first Christmas in July post! I really want to inspire you to start your Holiday cards early so you will have plenty of beautiful handmade cards to send out to friends and family in December! Originally I had planned to make 10 Holiday cards per month starting in January but…Well, let’s just say I have 20 cards made so far and it’s JULY!!! My goal for this month is to share with you cards that you can make multiples of quickly and easily.
For my first Christmas in July creation I used the Carols of Christmas Bundle (stamp set plus thinlits) which you can purchase starting August 1! This item will be in the upcoming 2017 Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog which starts September 1. As a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator I am able to order before general release and there is currently a great offer for those who want to join my team this month! I am ordering the new catalogs NOW so please let me know if you want one by leaving a comment or clicking the eMail Me button on the right!
This first card is a CASE (Copy And Share Everything or Copy And Selectively Edit) from Amy Koenders at Stamp with Amy K! This was the perfect design for this week’s Happy Stampers Club sooo…Thank you Amy!
Amy used the Be Merry Designer Series Paper to cover the entire front of her card…stars on the top and trees on the bottom. I needed to be able to get 12 projects out of the two sheets of Designer Series Paper so decided to mat mine with a thin layer of Cherry Cobbler Cardstock. I think it works; what do you think?
Check out that adorable little deer! And there is a tiny little thinlit to cut it out!
- Paper: Whisper White Thick cardstock cut at 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″; Cherry Cobbler cardstock cut at 4″ x 5 1/4″; Be Merry Designer Series Paper cut at 2″ x 3 7/8″ (bottom) and 3 1/8″ x 3 7/8″ (top); Strip of Gold Glimmer Paper cut at 3/4″ x 4″; Whisper White for sentiment circle
- Stamp Set: Carols of Christmas (available to purchase starting August 1)
- Ink: Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive Stampin’ Write Markers; Soft Suede (for deer)
- Other: Card Front Builder Thinlits Dies; Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies; Cherry Cobbler 1/4″ Double-Stitched Ribbon; Snail Adhesive; Dimensionals
I wanted to create a Gift Tag using the same supplies as the card and this is what I came up with…
AND there is a tiny little thinlit to cut out the holly! NO FUSSY CUTTING! What do you think? This would be a great addition to any Christmas gift!
- Paper: Garden Green cardstock and Whisper White cardstock
- Stamp Set: Carols of Christmas (available to purchase August 1)
- Ink: Cherry Cobbler Classic Stamp Pad; Cherry Cobbler and Garden Green Stampin’ Write Markers
- Other: Card Front Builder Thinlits Dies; Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies; Cherry Cobbler 1/4″ Double-Stitched Ribbon; Snail Adhesive; Glue Dots; Tombow Multipurpose Glue
I hope you enjoyed these projects! I will be creating and sharing Christmas in July projects ALL MONTH LONG so be sure to sign up to notified by email when I post another project! Thursday I will have another QUICK and EASY Christmas card with a matching gift tag! See you then!!!