One of my favorite things to do is to spend a few days in a motel with one bag of crafting items, my paper cutter and my imagination. In May I had a few days like that while my husband attended a conference for his work. For this creative stint, I decided I wanted to make Fancy Fold Cards so I looked on Pinterest to find a fold I wanted to do, chose a stamp set I wanted to use and the rest is history! It was so much fun! This fold was one that Angie Juda did back in 2015!
Artistically Asian was in the Stampin’ Up! Catalog last year but somehow I missed it. Fortunately it is also in the new 2017-2018 Stampin’ Up! Catalog so I am sure it will get a lot of use this year.
For the card above I used the new 2017-2019 In Colors Fresh Fig, Tranquil Tide and (my favorite) Lemon Lime Twist! The Designer Series Paper is the Eastern Palace Specialty dsp.
Next up is the same card but I tweaked the colors a bit…
For this card I used Dapper Denim (2016-2018 In Color) and Fresh Fig but Lemon Lime Twist shows up in the Eastern Palace Specialty Designer Series Paper. How about a look at the inside???
Do you see how this fold works? How fun is that?!!! So now let’s see if I can get all the cuts for you so you can create your own. The finished card measures 4″ x 4 1/2″ so will fit in a standard Invitation size envelope OR you can create your own envelope using the Envelope Punch Board which can be purchased from my Online Store by pushing the Shop Now button on the sidebar!
- Artistically Asian stamp set
- Ink: Fresh Fig, Tranquil Tide, Lemon Lime Twist, Memento Tuxedo Black
- Base Card: (I used Fresh Fig cardstock on the 1st one and Dapper Denim cardstock on the 2nd), cut at 4 1/4″ x 11″, score both ends at 2″ and 3 3/4″
- Inside: Very Vanilla cardstock cut at 4″ x 3 1/4″
- Panels: Eastern Palace Specialty Designer Series Paper cut at 4″ x 1 3/4″ (cut 2)
- Very Vanilla cardstock cut at 1 3/4″ x 1 3/4″
- Tranquil Tide cardstock (1st card) or Fresh Fig cardstock (2nd card) cut at 3″ x 3″ and 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″
- Berry Blast (1st card) or Dapper Denim (2nd card) cut at 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ and 2 1/4″ x 2 1/4″
- Other: Snail Adhesive and Dimensionals
Whew! Lots of cutting but as you can see above, totally worth the effort! If you have any questions, please let me know!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!