I am not crazy about curry but this recipe and the right curry powder made me a fan! I started with one of my favorite Vegan Cookbooks…
7 Secrets Cookbook has so many delicious vegan recipes! Perfect to have around for when those vegan friends or family visit!!!
Now, I am going to warn you right off the bat! I CANNOT FOLLOW A RECIPE! So while I started with the recipe in 7 Secrets Cookbook, I got creative so the recipe below was inspired by Neva in her cookbook but with a few creative twists:)
Is anything prettier than veggies sautéing in the pan? Oh so yummy! Hubby taught me to salt this layer and then taste and salt the finished product. Makes a huge difference! I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks!
I always think of this step as the finishing touch…putting the can of coconut milk in and stirring to make it all creamy delicious! My favorite curry powder is Madras Sambar Curry Powder.
- 2 Tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, grated or chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1 medium sliced carrot
- 2 cups chopped fresh greens (spinach, chard, beet greens, kale)
- 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut in pieces
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped
- 2 cups cooked garbanzo beans
- 1 can coconut milk
Put oil in large skillet. Add onion, garlic, ginger and seasonings. Cook for 3 minutes.
Add the sliced carrots; cover and simmer for 5 more minutes.
Add greens, tomatoes, cauliflower, potatoes and garbanzos. Cook till cauliflower and potatoes are fork tender.
Add coconut milk, taste and salt to taste.
Heat and serve over rice.